Monday 30 June 2014

A Tale of Duelling Gamers: Really BIG stuff.

Another month ends, and I've painted... two figures.
One of them is REALLY big. Does that make up for it? I mean REALLY big. Big enough to make your head bleed (if someone threw it at you really hard). Also really cheap. 
So, without further ado; June's output.


Behold; $16.80 worth of Papo Chimera. Papo is a french toy company which makes some very nice animal figures, and some really sweet mythological beasts. This was 20% off at the toy shop in Hampton Street. Also Deamon prince wings, and 3D printed base.

This month's out put. The chimera and a character made from a Reaper Bones snake demon lady thing.

Snake demon lady thing.

Back of snake demon lady thing.

The mighty flank of the mighty chimera is redolent of might.
Papo's take on the Chimera reminds me of something I saw in a book on ancient Greece - a redware pot or something, where the Chimera's snake head is actually the tail, instead of an extra head on the front.
UPDATE: Actually, this ancient greek sculpture.
Yup, it has a back end also.

The figure is too large for the base, so I added some carved polystyrene to angle him upwards, so he's kinda swiping with his paw. It doesn't loo completely right, because he's posed to be walking on it...

Rar! I am a mighty chimera! Fear the way I look WAAAAY cooler thant the GW version and cost a mere $16.80 plus wings! Rar!

And here's the entire army as it now stands. This is about 1400 points, without magic items and customisations etc. It'd probably be pretty useless and inbalanced in a fight too...

Stand by for the eventual appearance of the Micro Generators, which will be rapdily followed by bamboo groves (I've got them finished, but not the people's choice ishoo which has to be posted first!) and then I'm going to tackle some Malifaux projects.
And eventually, more Slaanesh. Possibly a chariot or warshrine this time.

3 comments :

  1. I fear your mighty chimera's mitey wings might be insufficient to actually make a beast of his mighty might fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'd forgotten how epically big the beasty was when I ordered them...

      Delete
  2. We are talking a magical flying beast gentlemen, wings are an irrelevance just ask any Chinese Dragon! Lovely big beast and the snake woman is the same model that I have just painted too, co-incidence?? The points for your force is really racking up Owen well done.

    ReplyDelete